Monday, December 04, 2006

 

Mint Seared White Tuna with Green Tea Udon

.
That right there is one downright sexy bite of food.

So when it comes to dinner, I want you kids to be the first to know...

I'm bringing sexy back...

Fragrant seared mint, silky raw tuna, slippery cold udon noodles.

It's sure to tickle your palate.

And because it takes less than 15 minutes to make, you'll have the whole rest of the evening to focus on other things...

1/2 pound green tea udon noodles
1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 1 teaspoon juice
1/4 cup cooked edamame
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
2 large yellowfin tuna steaks
2 tablespoons dried mint
1 additional teaspoon vegetable oil

In a large pot of heavily salted water, boil the udon until just cooked, about six minutes. Remove from the water, drain and toss with the lemon zest, juice, edamame, vegetable oil, sesame seeds and fresh mint.

Wash the fish and pat dry. (If it isn't dry, the mint won't stick) Pour the dried mint onto a shallow plate and coat the fish, pressing it into the flesh.

Heat the additional oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the tuna. Sear for two minutes, then flip and sear on the other side. It should remain raw inside. (My tuna isn't pink because I buy it untreated. It is, therefore, still raw in that picture. Get it?)

Remove the tuna from the pan and slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces.

Top with the udon and serve.

Makes enough for four as an appetizer or two as a main course

____________________

Edamame, or green vegetable soybeans, are whole large soybeans which are harvested when the soybeans are still green. - Soya.be

Green tea udon is available at Trader Joes nationwide

Former boy band singer Justin Timberlake is co-owner of several restaurants, including Chi in Los Angeles and Destino's in NYC.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hrm...that tuna looks a bit too cooked for moi...but then again, I'm a freak
 
I'm a former fish hater who is trying really hard to like it. This looks like a recipe that I might enjoy.

I don't like the texture or flavor of fish and the raw/seared preparation makes this worse. I sometimes want to order fish in a restaurant but want it cooked well-done which I seem to be able to handle better. I almost NEVER do this because I understand that the chef is crying in the kitchen, salty tears flowing down his chef knife and wincing at what he's forced to plate up for me. I wouldn't do that to anyone. It's not easy being me.
 
I think it looks really good!!
 
Hello people! That piece is rare. Like I said, it is just not bright pink because it wasnt treated...


lol
 
Girl, if anyone could bring back sexy, it's you!
 
I have to agree that that is a very sexy piece of fish.

It totally freaked me out when I learned that they treated the tuna to keep it that bright color. I had been eating what I thought to be "fresh" tuna for years that was clearly not so fresh.
 
How warm should the fish be?

The noodles?

-IBBBJ, currently in Fla
 
oh wow... now this is sexy... gosh, i can't wait to try this... what wine is most suitable to complete this sexy meal? :D
 
IBBOJ (O is for Older) - The fish should be served right from the pan...the noodles, room temp.

xoxox

And Barbs, I would say a German white or a really fruity pinot, but thats just me!
 
Hi, love the recipes you have an impressive mix of ingredients I like it.

My self I am Elvis Preseli www.theburgerking.co.uk THE ONLY Bald, welsh speaking, non Elvis song singing Burger Cooking Elvis tribute act in the World come say hello.

Welcome To My WORLD……
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking