Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Herb Crusted Lamb

.
Maybe it's the holiday season, and my head is all filled with non-sense, but I keep reading all these profound things when it comes to food.

Chilling essays about the food supply chain, heartbreaking stories about the state of farming in our country, lovely things about...uh, love, and opinionated things about food writing. Important things all.

And frankly, it all just plain bums me out!

(Well, not the love part, that’s quite sweet.)

Why am I not like all these concerned citizens of the world and/or lovestruck peoples? Why am I such a flighty girl? Is it because I live in LA-LA Land? Am I victim of my geographic locale? Have my ideals and principals evaporated and left me a shell of my former self? Or am I just not writing about it all?

It has all led me to wonder, if I shouldn’t really step back here on this site-o-whimsy and get serious...talk about the need for organics, rail against trans-fats, focus on praising chefs and sharing with you, my darling readers, my innermost thoughts and feelings. You know, focus. Be intense. Proselytize. Rage against the corporate machine. Stuff like that.

Sigh.

But then I get distracted - usually by something cute or shiny or caught in a particularly appealing patch of sunlight. Or in this case, something yummy. And I recall...writing about “feelings” and “issues,” that just isn’t who I am and not what this site is about (despite the fact it is, like, way important) I’m me! Life of the party, charm the pants off of anyone (except perhaps Vinnie Jones, who I suspect finds me quite irritating lately. But that’s another story.) social butterfly, happy go lucky, sunshine-loving me. Nothing more, nothing less.

So I will leave the deep thinking to the great minds and invite you to in for the lighter side of things. I’ll just leave the worrying to others. Much better that way, ya? I hope thats okay with you all too, since you may have stumbled here for a debate on the ethics of crop dusting or a diatribe on the plight of the veal calf, because most of all, I wouldn’t want to disappoint.

Im just saying.

Okay, enough of that...lets talk food...

A ten minute meal. Unless you make roasted potatoes with it, then it takes longer. But, well, whatever...try this, and enjoy!


1 cup assorted fresh herbs
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Olive oil
4 lamb chops
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 350F

Rinse the chops and pat dry.

On a plate, combine the herbs, shallot, garlic and cheese. Coat one side of the chops and press in to adhere.

Heat a large pan and add little bit of oil. When hot, add the lamb in a single layer, herb side down.

Cook for two to three minutes until just browned, flip and sear another minute or so.

Transfer to the oven and cook 10 more minutes for medium.

Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes.

Serves four

____________________________

Due to ongoing European draughts, Provence's truffle market has dropped 70 percent over the past four seasons. French truffle production nationwide last year was about half that of a decade ago.

Today in the U.S. it is National Roast Suckling Pig Day

Fast food restaurant, Taco Bell's sales have taken a hit since more than 70 diners at its East Coast restaurants fell sick with E. coli poisoning. The outbreak apparently has run its course after 71 confirmed cases of the disease in five states. Federal officials said the most likely source of the illnesses was lettuce. The chain has taken precautionary measures on Dec. 9 by changing its suppliers of both lettuce and cheese. Lettuce is included in 70 percent of the menu items at the Mexican-style chain based in Irvine, Calif.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Your blog is lovely just as it is - makes me smile every time! Keep up the good work!
 
I wanna hear the Vinny Jones story!
 
I'm happy with your blog just the way it is. I'm making lamb to night too! (I'll try not to copy you and pass it off as my own...)
 
Hurray for you. My vote - stick to food. I just found your site (looking for commentary on carmalized onions.) I am tired of the politically correct police tut-tutting my every move. I suggest you delete them when they waggle their fingers at you. You are wonderfully happy, and I hope you stay that way. Keep up the good work. I intend to visit often.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking