Wednesday, March 16, 2005

 

X-arita


Today I just have to gush because I had the most AMAZING night last night! Absolutely the best. I went with my most chic and fabulous friend/worlds sexiest jewelry maker to the opening party for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (I AM a girl who loves her fashion, but since this is a food blog, I will try to keep that part short) at the incredible HD Buttercup building, formerly the Helms Bakery, in Culver City. (Note the food tie in? I’m good, eh?) Now, among the highlights of the evening, I saw one of my favorite super models of all time, heard the spectacular Yeah, Yeah, Yeah’s play and got to get tipsy on the fantastically interesting product called X-Rated Fusion Liqueur. Which, let’s face it, is not only a bad name for vodka, but makes doing an internet search for it very tricky. According to the bottle, it is “a fusion of ultra-premium French vodka, Provence blood oranges, mango and passion fruits.” In other words, it is very sweet and an eye-popping shade of pink. (And if you ask me, a hangover waiting to happen.) Now, if you are a fan of the fruity afternoon cocktail, this stuff is a dream come true. It's light and has a sweetness to it that is reminiscent of guava nectar and is incredibly easy to drink. We tried it three ways (all in the name of research!) with 7-UP, mixed with straight vodka and orange juice, and on the rocks. (They were also offering it as a Cosmo, but since it isn’t 2002 anymore, no one was drinking it that way.) My friend and I decided (after one sip) that it is just a little too cloying for our tastes (she drinks scotch normally, I stick with martinis for the most part) but was a good mixer and, lets face it, a cute gimmick. On the other hand, they donated a lot of their product to an event raising money for cancer research, so I say go out an buy a bottle for $30 and support a company that supports a good cause. Cheers!

X-arita

1 part X-Rated
1 part tequila
2 parts sweet and sour mix
limes and salt

Mix all and serve over ice. Repeat as needed.


____________________________________________________
Now that I have used the term X-Rated, I wonder who will be visiting my site!

Here are some other interesting web searches that will bring up a link to my blog:

Does non-reactive food mean food not stick inside the pan?
Fresh thyme versus dried thyme measurements
Grapple information
Lyrics for I Can Cook Too

How to butcher a rabbit
Tips for keeping your salad fresh after you open it
Argentinean dried industrial prunes
Curried cucumbers
Buttermilk dairy products in Los Angeles, CA

Ralphs Market recipes




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking