Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Food And Music


A lot of food blogs this week have been posting answers to some questions about their music listening habits and whatnot. (See my answers below) which inspired me to post the lyrics to that rare thing, a song about food. (wink) “I Can Cook, Too”, From On The Town.
Lyrics by Betty Comden + Adolph Green + Leonard Bernstein. Thank you to my dear, sweet, musical-lovin' friend Claire for telling me about this song. It's a riot. Enjoy!

Oh, I can cook, too, on top of the rest, My seafood's the best in the town.

And I can cook, too.My fish can't be beat, My sugar's the sweetest around.
I'm a man's ideal of a perfect meal, Right down to the demi-tasse.
I'm a pot of joy for a hungry boy, Baby, I'm cookin' with gas. Oh, I'm a gumdrop,
A sweet lollipop, A brook trout right out of the brook,
And what's more, baby, I can cook!
Some girls make magazine covers, Some girls keep house on a dime,
Some girls make wonderful lovers, But what a lucky find I'm.
I'd make a magazine cover, I do keep house on a dime, I make a wonderful lover,
I should be paid overtime!
'Cause I can bake, too, on top of the lot, My oven's the hottest you'll find.
Yes, I can roast too, My chickens just ooze, My gravy will lose you your mind.
I'm a brand new note, On a table d'hôte, But just try me à la carte.
With a single course, You can choke a horse. Baby, you won't know where to start!
Oh, I'm an hors d'oeuvre, A jelly preserve, Not in the recipe book,
And what's more, baby, I can cook!
'Cause I can fry, too, on top of the heap, My Crisco's as deep as a pool.
Yes, I can broil, too, My ribs get applause, My lamb chops will cause you to drool.
For a candied sweet, Or a pickled beet, Step up to my smorgasbord.
Walk around until, You get your fill.Baby, you won't ever be bored!
Oh, I'm a paté, A marron glacé, A dish you will wish you had took.
And what's more, baby, I can cook!!

__________________________________________________________
1. Total amount of music files on your computer: OH dear, I just looked, I have 5900 songs! Wow.


2. The last CD you bought was:... Wait, I know this…I went to Ameoba and bought…wait, wait,
OH, I remember! The Trash Can Sinatras. I wanted to hear the song, What Women Do To Men. I love it.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? Golden Touch – Razorlight

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

Fresh Feeling – Eels (This song is partly why I called my company Fresh Approach.)
Question – The Old 97’s (Possibly the sweetest proposal ever sang)
Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones (The greatest rock and roll song ever)
Feeling Good – Nina Simone (The best song to sing in the car)
Fall At Your Feet- Neil Finn
You Know So Well – Sondre Lerche
She Divines Water – Camper Van Beethoven

(OK, that was seven songs, but I couldn't resist. What can I say, I love music almost as much as cooking.)




Comments:
I bookmarked your blog because I'm trying to learn to cook and you have such a happy attitude about food (haven't tried any of your recipes because you are so far out of my league - I just wanted to cook some chicken that would be tasty). I intend to keep it bookmarked because Sympathy for the Devil is the greatest Rock and Roll song ever. Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking