Monday, August 09, 2004

 

Fresh Pasta with Prosciutto and English Peas


I'm getting feedback from people saying I don't write enough on this site...that it's just recipes...well, that was sort of the idea, but also, I should point out, I don't really like writing! I don't know, its just not my thing...

So, on that note, I had a TERRIFIC class last night...and in the interest of writing I will say that it came about because I donated one class to a silent auction for a charity event a month or so ago...the winner(s) were absolutely the sweetest people...its incredible to me how many awesome people I meet doing this! It was the first time I've ever actually written the menu without having them have input, so that was fun too.

We made: Fresh Mission Figs with Humboldt Fog Cheese, Classic Adalusian Gazpacho (they liked it, I thought it came out much too oniony...), Fresh Pasta with Prosciutto and English Peas (that was a winner!) and a Mixed Fruit Crisp with Boulder brand French Vanilla Ice Cream (I really like Boulder brand, try some if you ever see it!) Here is the pasta recipe...NOT low fat!

1 pound wide spaghetti
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons unsalted butter

1 cup shelled fresh peas, blanched
4 ounces thinly sliced Prosciutto, chopped
Zest of one lemon, plus juice of half the lemon
ΒΌ cup ricotta salata cheese, grated

Grated Parmesan for topping


Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain; reserve 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid.

Simmer cream, butter and lemon peel (not the juice, the juice will make it curdle) in heavy large skillet over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 1 minute.

Stir in Prosciutto and let heat through, about 1 minute. Add pasta and cheese and toss to coat, adding enough pasta cooking liquid to moisten if needed.

Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Garnish with peas.

Serves two


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking